Re: Which is he best 1275

To: Jerry Goodman <Jerry.Goodman@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Which is he best 1275
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:13:55 -0400
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Jerry Goodman wrote:
> I have read the 1275s varied over the years...is there particular
> years/numbers that are  better candidates for transplant into a bugeye???
> Are all ribcase the same???

1275s have varied over the years.
The first 1275 was a 12cc block, thin flanged but with a EN40B nitrited
crank, THE crank most sought after.
Next was the 12cd block, thicker flange, EN16 crank, tuffened but not
nitrited. Still not a bad crankshaft.
Later lower compression 1275s came to be with a 12V number.
I am going from memory, there are other block numbers with high and low
compression H or L stamped in the engine number.

All Spridget ribcases are the same, not all *ribcases* are the same.
I'm sure Paul will set this straight. I think Morris Minors had a
different gear ratio. I know the smooth cases are different from
Spridgets to Minors.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ