Arggg! Fixed engine, electrical blow up!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Arggg! Fixed engine, electrical blow up!
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:44:33 -0700
Hello,

Well I fixed my engine problem (clogged up vent in cam case)...
Now, I try to tune the carb, and as the instrument fuse is out, I replace
it...
And I let the genie out as they say in electronic engineering. Ie: stuff
smokes around the steering wheel (were all the darn switches are), I remove
the fuse, but nothing starts anymore (looks like mi ignition key placement
is dead :-)...

So, I imagine that I have 2 problems:
- a short on the fused part of the circuitry on the ignition position of the
key (not starting, ignition as in normal running mode)
- something else (and potentially lots of other things) that blew up ahead
of that stuff, (probably my ignition switch, and possibly other stuff) that
I need to find...

I already scanned the electric wiring page from the Haynes manual, replace
all the stupid numbers by the text of what the hell each thing is, printed
it BIG and colored the different circuitry with different highlighters to
see how nice it is :-)

However, what do I do now? I am a little bit lost and they are sooooo many
darn cable in that car!!!

Please notice that I am prepared :) I have a multimetter with an ohm metter
and continuity tester... I just have no idea where to plug the thing first
and how to check each item...

Thanks for any advices...
                Cyrille