Re: Melted points

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Melted points
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:16:04 -0400
Frank Clarici wrote:
> His son installed a CD player in this MG in August too.
> Might be something to leaving the key on for hours.

That would do it.  (Somebody jump in here and correct me
if I have things... incorrect; my recollection is a bit hazy.) If
the key is on to run the stereo, it also lets electricity travel
through the ignition system to run the engine, even though the
engine is off. If the points are closed, juice will run through
the points, causing them to burn out prematurely.

Kent
'56 100 BN2