another scam

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h944lBF8025095
Subject: another scam
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:46:27 -0700
this is a good one:

My dear,

I feel very sorry to interrupt your peace since you are not expecting
to receive any mail from me. However, I was obliged to do so due to the
importance and urgency of the message. I crave your indulgence, and
want to reassure you that I mean well and that it is only for our mutual
good. So please do not be embarrassed or suspicious.
My name is Dr john nkono . I am a social worker with an international
Non-Governmental/Voluntary organization based in New York, USA and
Switzerland. I am the Accounts/ Project Director in-charge of Iraq crises
presently.
Our organization, through the local NGOS and other Agencies and in
partnership with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, UNHCR,
UNESCO, etc works and sponsors development projects and social services
in some third world/ developing countries, assistance and re-settlement
of victims of natural disaster, civil wars and Refugees,
displaced/oppressed children and minority people around the world.
>From the field operations and recent projects in Iraq, we  discovered a
fairly huge amount of money in a house suspected to be ownend by one of
Sadam'S Paliamentry menbers.it is now at our disposal and control to use it
as we deemed fit. My chief  Accountant, Auditor and I have considered making
use of the opportunity as the money can freely be diverted without any
problem and invested
for our personal purpose. We agreed and have already diverted the money
to Europe  through diplomatic means ,with a proposal to invest it to protect
our retirement days, which are not far from now.

Now, I am in need of a reliable and trustworthy person or company
oversea who I can confidently work with. My work does not permit me to own a
foreign bank account or any personal business until retirement. I have
the honor to confide this information in you and to request for your
pleasure to assist to receive and secure the money in your account,
pending our retirement from service. Please understand that my approach to
you is based only on my positive reasoning and on the belief that you
will not disappoint or betray me at last. The amount is fairly huge and
we have agreed that on completion of the deal, you will retain some
reasonable percentage of the money as a compensation for your assistance.

By any standard, the money is cool and legal and therefore quite safe
and secure for all of us. However, to consider our official positions,
reputation and integrity, especially, the opportunities in the business
itself, it is very necessary that all due care be taken so that we do
not miss the opportunity due to carelessness. You are therefore expected
and advised to display high degree of maturity, responsibility and
understanding in handling this information.
There would be a meeting in Europe where we diverted the money to, for
further discussions and to consummate the transaction at once. I will
give you all the details in my next mail when you have indicated your
interest and commitment to work with me.
Always remember that this is the highest confidence and trust any
person can repose on the other, especially when it is considered that we did
not know ourselves before. I hope you will honor me too.

NOTE: I know there may be scams and junk mails flying here and there on
the internet but certainly, this is not one. Please do not fail to
understand that in spite of all that, opportunities of this kind still
abound. If you have ever wished or prayed for something good to come your
way, now I urge you to take this message seriously and with an open mind.
You could never know. This may be an answer to your prayers. So please give
it a benefit of doubt, and with good faith and trust join me and I am
assuring you now that you will never be disappointed.
Please reply urgently and furnish your TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS, for
further details.
Treat as strictly confidential.
Best regards,

Dr.john nkono