Re: Help, tuning 101.

To: <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Help, tuning 101.
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 04:39:14 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
'Conservative side" was with respect to needles. The Triumph guys
reccommend even richer needles for the addition of a more aggressive cam
than stock, which included head porting and head fow work. I got the
cam, but didn't flow the head (yet), so I decided to just go the "next
step up" from stock with regards to the needles, and see how it ran.

Fuel pump is mechanical, and new. Cam is timed per Ted's instructions.
Ignition timing is approximate, as I can't get the car to idle smoothly
at 1000 rpm yet. Timing is indeed the next step, but the carbs seem so
out of whack that setting timing is tough.

You know, I did the carbs last winter, and they sat around for some time
before we stuck them on last week. I think I will double check the
settings, and make sure I am indeed starting from 12 flats down. I have
to pull the suction chambers off anyway to replace the damper oil, let's
see if the jets really are where I think they are.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/