RE: Zig and Roy

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Zig and Roy
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:38:16 -0400
Cc: "'Geoff Branch'" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
When thinking of cats, of all sizes, I'm constantly reminded of one of John
Wayne's lines, from "True Grit": 'Cats don't belong to nobody.  They just
live with you and....'.
One of my garage cats, Mini, was a 'drop-off' and arrived at about 9 mos.
age, w/two kittens in tow.  She's become a very affectionate, loving cat.
BUT, pick her up and get her into a new or unfamiliar situation and she gets
panicky and can become very aggressive.  Takes our vet and two assistants to
give her injections/take her temp, with Mini screaming, growling and clawing
the whole time.  And she only weighs about 6 lbs.  I can understand how that
tiger freaked out.  Cats are creatures of habit and can become very
aggressive when confronted with something different/out of the ordinary.
And, like The Duke said, they don't belong to NOBODY.
Bud Osbourne