Cable-Operated Heater Taps

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cable-Operated Heater Taps
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:57:55 -0500
I know, I know, real men don't need heaters. On the other hand, it shouldn't
be that difficult to fit a cable-operated heater tap from one of the many
other A-Series cars onto a Spridget, should it? Of course it is probably
easier for our friends on the other side of the pond who would have such
things in the boneyard down the road, but still! I see that the MGOC has a
kit for this for the 1500 SpitFidget, but they do not list one for the
A-Series Midgets. I suppose I could buy an in-line unit, but the amount of
hose available to hold it isn't that long, and when I looked through the
books at Pep Boys, every one that I pointed to was unavailable. Anybody done
this?
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with