Fuel line fitting.

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel line fitting.
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:20:13 -0700
I have a fuel line fitting that is driving me nuts.  Pardon the pun.
Where the 1/4 inch fuel line goes into the out side of the mechanical
fuel pump, it is constantly leaking through the center of the threaded
fitting around the tubing.  I have a round compression fitting on the
end of the tubing being held in with the threaded fitting behind it,
pushing it into the bottom of the outlet of the pump.  I have moved the
compression fitting to the end of the tubing so it would contact the
taper at the bottom of the outlet and I have tried teflon tape around
the tubing, etc.  It still leaks onto the exhaust pipe.  I am getting
quite frustrated.  Is there a different fitting for the end of the
tubing that could possibly be sweat soldered on like the one that goes
into the tank?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite