Re: K&N filter

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K&N filter
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:49:30 -0700 (PDT)
RE:
> The use of "sealing grease" is optional but
> IMHE, is a good idea to prevent entry of
> minute particles by the minute gaps between filter
> "edges" and filter
> case.
> Cap'n. Bob
>      '60 :{)

I am using wheel bearing grease to seal around the
edges of my highly adapted motorcycle K&N filter that
I use on my '69 Sprite. Why a motorcycle filter you
ask? Because it was 50 cents at a garage sale(brand
new) and fits right in with my approach: Cheaper is
sometimes better, even if it does take 2 weeks and
lots of aluminum to make a usable adapter :-).

cheers, bill b.