cooling system etc.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: cooling system etc.
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:18:01 -0400
Thanks everyone for the patience and most helpful answers so far.  Sorry to hit
you with so many but the bicycle racing season ended (maybe for life, I'm
getting old) and I brushed the dust off the tools, watch out!

The engine's installed, without any accessories, manifolds etc. at this point.
Does anyone know the proper method for eliminating the heater without causing
harm?  I see a couple hose necks or fittings at the thermostat housing and one
at the base of the water pump, can't remember what's for emissions, etc. any
help would be appreciated I know enough to know it can be done wrong.

Do the cooler, "summer" thermostats help?

Thanks!

Mark M

PS whoever sent me that tip (ckotting?) about removing the pilot bushing with
grease and the alignment tool that was the coolest thing I've ever done in the
garage and I'm going to call my high school science teacher to apologize for
saying physics is bullsh*t