More diff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahooghroups.com
Subject: More diff
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
I have two questions mostly revolving around the same issue involving my 3.9
diff I'll be transplanting to my Bugeye project. Has anyone on the list rebuilt
a differential and if so how was the crushable spacer handled as I don't see
this as a part that can be ordered from the normal sources.
Second question, If I just replace the diff pinion oil seal how is the torque
to the pinion nut handled? It's torqued to 140 ft/lbs but doesn't that have the
potential to further crush that spacer?
Ok, I'm going to take advantage of the list with a third question. Often times
a diff "clonk" can develop in an MGB diff. This is cured by replacing the
differential pinion thrust washers ( items 23 in Moss Midget catalog). Is this
an issue with the 3.9 Midget diff?
TIA
Larry Pitts
60 Bug