Re: clutch fan sparks -0400

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com
Subject: Re: clutch fan sparks -0400
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, DB...

Paul A. mentioned the ignition system on
the car that was difficult to start about
100 posts or so ago, it seems. Guy with
the problem is looking at the ignition side
of things as well. Point well taken.

Either the Crane 700 or 3000 will work.
The 3000 has a lead for rev. limiter I
believe. I currently use a PerTronix but
in prior 20 years used both 700 and 3000
with no problems....not from any of these
"upgraded" electronic systems. I like the
PerTronix because it is "self-contained".

Cannot help you out on the waterpump "clutch" issue...no experience
here.

Cannot quantify hydraulic clutch "feel"
in words, either. But...either it works
satisfactorily or it doesn't, foot pressure
required notwithstanding! :):)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)