Re: Off season? no more LBC, snow prevention methods

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off season? no more LBC, snow prevention methods
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:18:57 -0700 (PDT)
--- Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
> - I need to go buy a
> snowblower! ;) As soon as I buy one, it won't snow.

Chris,
I moved to the Cheddar Curtain (WI-IL border) in 1999
to get back to change of seasons, normally 40 inches
of snow per year.  They had a foot of snow 4 days
before I got here, 2 inches afterward.  In 2000, it
snowed 34 inches in December while I was in the
California desert doing flight testing.  Wife said I
couldn't come home unless I was wearing a snowblower
and a smile.  I bought the snowblower.  Didn't snow
again in 2000-2001.  2001-2002, maybe 6 inches, and I
didn't even start the snowblower.  2002-2003, the east
was getting punded, we got 3 inches all winter.  It
finally snowed 8 inches or so ine night in April
during the middle of the night that I finished fitting
my Spridgetech bonnet.  So the only significant
snowfall I've seen since being here was at 2am trying
to load the race car on a trailer to get it to the
paint shop the next AM.

Buy that snowblower, and your worries are over.  Want
to go skiing? Pull your car out in the driveway in the
middle of the night.