dead short? TR3b

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: dead short? TR3b
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:07:33 -0700
I am a relatively new triumph owner having my TR3b only a few months.
mostly it has been easy to fix and quite reliable. Now I have a mysterious
electrical problem:

I arrived home in the car, it was running fine...
15 minutes later, I go to start it again and it cranks once briefly and then
nothing, no click, no horn, no lights...
OKay, so I began to check...
Battery fine    13+ volts
hot to solenoid...
when ignition key is on, it is hot right to the starter, in fact when the
ignition is ON EVERYTHING IS HOT!  The block, the fender, EVERTHING tests
hot...
I thought maybe my starter has shorted out??? but I am really stumped...
btw...
the fuses (both) are NOT blown.
Solenoid replaced recently...
Horns replaced recently...