Water pumps and pulleys

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pumps and pulleys
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:15:48 EST
Hi list,

Over the past few years I have 'exported' a number of the 4.725" (large!)
water pump pulley's for the A-series engine to some of you.  The idea being
that
the big pulley reduces water cavitation and the engine runs cooling - even at
cruising speeds.

However, it occurrs to me that I am not 100% certain that this fact stands
true for the small or standard impellor depth water pump (9.5mm) part number
GWP132.  It is true for the deep impellor pump (13.5mm) part number GWP 134.

I'm fairly certain the big pulley works on the standard impellor pump because
as far as I know the original 1960s Mini Cooper S used a standard impellor
pump but on big diameter pulley.

So, any feedback now or at any time in the future most welcome.

Regards

Daniel1312