Fwd: Your Inheritance

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Your Inheritance
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:25:18 EST
Hey I like the fake inheritance angle of this scam.
Maybe I can buy another LBC with this dough?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:20:21 -0500 (EST)
  mikeobi@maktoob.com using -f
To: sdoliner@aol.com
Subject: Your Inheritance
From "Mike Obi" <mikeobi at maktoob.com>

Greetings,

I am Mr. Michael Obi, Bank Manager of Nedbank
international, Capetown Branch. This proposition has
been sent to you with due regards to the utmost
confidentiality required and the urgency of the
situation.

I am the private account manager to Mr.
Sam Aldrich an American national who worked here
with the Randgold Exploration company Ltd, a diamond
development company in SOUTH AFRICA.

On June 6 1998, he made an Investment (Fixed) deposit
for twelve months, valued at US$25,000,000.00 (Twenty-five
Million Dollars) with the Nedbank international
Bank. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification
to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a
month, we sent a reminder and finally we  discovered
from his contract employers, Randgold Exploration
Company Ltd that he and his wife died in an
automobile accident.

I have made several inquiries to the embassy to locate
any of my clients extended relatives but this has
also proved unsuccessful. This money is still sitting
in the Bank and the interest is being rolled over with
the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will come
forward to claim it. According to the South African
Law, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money
will be confiscated and shared between the Bank and
the Local Council as abandoned funds if nobody
applies to claim the funds.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a
foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr.Sam Aldrich so
that these funds will not get into the hands of some
corrupt officials as profit. We shall employ the
services of two attorneys for drafting and
notarization of the WILL and obtain the necessary
documents and letter of probate/administration in
your favour for the transfer. You will provide us
with a secured Bank account to facilitate the
transfer of this money to you as the
beneficiary/next of kin. The money will be paid into
your account for us to share in the ratio of 80% for
us and 20% for you. There is no risk at all as all
the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the
attorney and my position as the Bank Manager guarantees
the successful execution of this transaction. If you are
interested, please reply immediately. Upon your
response, I shall then provide you with more details
and relevant documents that will help you
understand. Please observe utmost confidentiality,
and rest assured that this transaction would be most
profitable for both of us.

Awaiting your urgent reply via email.

Thanks and regards,

Mike Obi.