Re: thank you

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thank you
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:26:42 EST
I replaced the steering/ignition lock on the Yellow Fever on Saturday, the
gods were telling me to do it since the weather was so nice.   I just wanted to
thank all of you who replied to my screams for help
earlier in the fall when I noticed that the lock was hanging up.   It wasn't
as bad as I thought it was going to be getting the old lock off ( a drill just
cut the old collar in two) the biggest problem was getting the plastic collar
over the steering column on properly, I think the wires under it are not
right because the screw locking the bottom of the collar will not catch.   I'll
take it apart again and try to get it right, for a change.   But thanks for all
of the help and words of encouragement.   It takes a lot of guts for a
mechanical novice like me to take off a a steering wheel and start to play with
the
wires and stuff.
JP
John Poynton