Re: Cooling system - fun starts here

To: antony@antgel.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling system - fun starts here
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:03:28 EST
This looks to be the sensor for a Kenlowe Electric fan.  This piece sits
inside the hose, and on the more recent (last 10 years) kits via a sort of
rubber
bridging piece.  The sensor operates like a temp gauge sensor only instead of
'driving' a gauge it switches the fan off and on via a temp controlled switch.

This arrangement never worked that well for me, I never liked the big clock
switch it came with and I've always used a normal on/off switch stuck in the
dash.

It could be something else but I doubt it.

Regards

Daniel1312