Re: cooling system fun starts here

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cooling system fun starts here
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:12:30 -0800 (PST)

> now seriously, was there ever a device to stop
> corrosion through metallic interaction, like zinc
> plates on a boat, that people put in their hoses?
>
> Mark M.

I had one. Got it from JC Whitney in the 60's. A small
metal cylinder. I put it in the radiator of my 33 Ford
V8. It put an almost immediate stop to corrosion. Mine
worked by getting stuck in the water pump (actually
more of a splasher) and bringing the whole system to a
halt.:-) rats.darn.phooey.

cheers, bill b.