Re: Cooling fan - engine - A-series

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cooling fan - engine - A-series
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:09:08 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> So, any experiences of swapping from a 2 or 4 blade metal fan to the later 6
> blade plastic?  Anyone tried the 6 blade metal?  Anyone tried the 11 blade
> plastic (real cheap over here too)?

I did notice cooler op temps with the stock 6 blade plastic
over the 4 or 6 blade metal. Also when I owned a Mini, more was much
much better
In trying to keep it just under the boiling point.
Also, Daniel, those 11 blade fans are for the side winders, they push
air, not pull. (at least over here) Mini fans push air thru the
radiator, drawn in from the front grill. No good on a Spridget.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ