Re: Victoria British hA5JOAE9011137

To: type79@ix.netcom.com (Jay Fishbein)
Subject: Re: Victoria British hA5JOAE9011137
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:21:29 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Good points, I'm not disagreeing with you, and my post was bitching about Vicky
Brit so I feel sort of odd about being cast in the role of defender but fair's
fair.  Your points are fair enough but since we both live in CT, where exactly
is my "local grocer" that supplies things like rubber seat webbing, a
reproduction ashtray, hood trim, emblems or "that funny shaped bracket that
holds the thing to the part".  And since when is ebay an alternative to a
megastore with people who are not informed as to the product they sell?  I
don't work for Vicky Brit or anything, I'd be the first one to say they have
flaws, but if there's someone on this list who's car would be just as complete
and functional without Vicky Brit or Moss, if there's someone on this list
whose car has NOTHING from either of those places, let me know where you go so
I can check it out.  All I'm saying is Vicky Brit and Moss are like lawyers.
It's fun to criticize them, but when we're in a bind they're pretty useful.
And I guess things are a heck of a lot better in Wallingford, and if so I'm
really glad for you, seriously I am, but where I live the local stores are
pretty capable of giving you crappy service too.  I was talking about it the
other day, how when I was young the guys at parts stores all were into cars and
now, at least near me, they're basically places where you can get something as
long as it's the stock item and you know the year make and model.  So I for one
don't want VB or Moss to disappear, no matter how much stuff I buy locally or
how many fits they give me.  Just the fact you can call from the garage and
order stuff in the middle of the night on the weekend while you're looking at
your car is pretty nice.
Mark M.