Oil feed tube and oil cooler connections

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil feed tube and oil cooler connections
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:13:16 EST
I am fitting an oil cooler to my 1275 and have a few questions.

It is a used oil cooler, which I have been soaking it grease remover for a
few weeks and flushing it out. I am reasonably sure that it is clean.

I am going to replace the hoses. There is a local auto parts store that will
make up hydraulic hoses, but I am not sure what fitting I should be using at
the banjo bolt end. I do have an extra chinked feed tube. Can I cut the copper
tubing and sweat a fitting on there?

When you change the oil, do you crack the fitting at the oil cooler to drain
it?

Similarly do you open the other end and fill the lines and cooler directly?

TIA

David Oliner