Horn & Battery

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn & Battery
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:46:13 -0600
Help!  Bugeye's battery has passed on w/ 2 dead cells.  Ok, it's 4 years
old and never a hint of a problem.  I kept it charged and it's always
been faithful.  For originality it is a Heritage tar top to appear
original.  Normally I would not question its demise after 4 years....but,

I have had an intermittent horn and have noticed on some Sprites an
earthing (ground) strap from the left side (LHD driver's side) of the
steering rack (pinion cover) to the rack mount on the "frame" cross
piece.  My car did not have this so I put one on and the horn worked as
it should...GREAT!

My dumb question:  Could this ground have caused the draining of the
battery or did the battery succumb to old age and natural causes?  If
the ground strap is the problem I will obviously remove it.  Anyone else
have a ground strap where I described??

Thanks gurus!
Dave
59 :{)