Heater Switch

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Switch
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:28:18 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all who answered.
I think Chuck is correct as the pin is aft of the switch housing and is not the
pin that holds the knob on the shaft. It appears as it would limit the travel
of boht the cable and the turn of the switch if inserted in the hole just aft
of the switch housing. The pin has is knurled end but definitely is not an
interference fit in the hole. I guess a little "accumpucky" will solve that
issue. The cable housing was split in-two but the cale was intact. The housing
wouldn't take solder so I covered the housing with electrical heat shrink
tubing. Seems to work well.

Bob, yes, I whinced when I cut off the windscreen washer pump. I guess after 15
years in the elements the nut just wasn't going to budge even after soaking for
several days in PB Blaster. I did save all the pieces so all I need is the easy
part, the pump itself. (LOL). The knob is in especially good shape.  What size
is the retaining nut by the way? (Its between 1/2 inch and 9/16).

Larry Pitts
60 Bug