Re: Shaft for spider gears 2003 19:22:36 -0600

To: wjhs1960@comcast.net (WJHS1960)
Subject: Re: Shaft for spider gears 2003 19:22:36 -0600
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:01:50 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridget List)
Oh, yeah!!

Love the climb rate in cold weather, Ed.

OTOH, you're right, Ed.
You don't wanna fly a minium performance engine-out climb profile
in hot weather if you can avoid it, except
in a simulator....for in terms of "real life"
I guarantee that despite the conditioned
air within the cockpit, you WILL be sweating after this one! :)

And as far as cold goes, you can bet
Phil Vanner or Dave Lieb are going to
have a different take on this than I do.

I am fortunate in living right on Long Island Sound and the warming
affect of
this body of water is mostly salutary in
cold weather operations, though the
humidty factor doesn't help.

Applicable "KISS" principle:
Warm and cool are "good"....hot and cold
are "BAD" 'cause as a human being, I've
got a certain "comfort envelope"!! :):)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)