Re: fastener advice

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fastener advice
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:26:55 -0500
WST,

At work I use captive blind nuts to fasten magnetic locks to metal door
frames.  The captive nuts have a 1/4-20 thread and should work fine on the
Bugeye sheet metal.  You drill a 3/8" hole, insert the captive nut and use a
special tool to anchor it to the sheet metal.  However, I don't know where
to buy them as the nuts I use are supplied with the locks.  Second however,
I have some spares and spare tool in my truck.  If this sounds like what you
are looking for I can send you a photo in a couple of hours and maybe even
get some to Peter's by Friday or Saturday.

Rick
(BHT's tire pumper-upper)