Here I go...Bugeye +

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Here I go...Bugeye +
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:06:46 EST
Well, I just couldn't stand no being in debt.  I had come into a small (and I
mean small) amount of cash recently due to the sell of a piece of property in
a ghetto.

I spent a weekend recently at Elizabeth and Fisher Jones place in the hill
country of Texas (take your hat off when you say that).  I was there to persue
Bambi and his kin with my cousin and grandson.  We took a nice buck, but that's
another story.

Those of you who have had the pleasure of seeing the Jones' place will agree
(unless you are my wife) that it is a sort of LBC heaven.  Truck loads of
parts and dozens of LBCs in various states of repair and disassembly. From the
rusty, stripped bugeye shell with the totaled front end I bought some time ago
the MGB race car.

They have had a Bugeye under a tarp for some time in a shed and I took the
plunge and made Fisher an offer he could not refuse.  So, now I are a bugeye
owner.  I does need a little work (stop salivating Ed) such as complete
interior
plus dash, engine, trans, wiring, lights, hydraulics, etc.  It did come with
an NOS grill, and all the parts necessary to put it back together.  The body is
west Texas solid, with only minor work on one rear wing needed.

The suspension is three leaf offset quarter eliptics in the rear, and later
spridget in the front with race springs (yellow) and disc brakes.  It comes
with a running 1098 and a ribcase.

I will need one of Paul A's rear seal kits (contact me Paul?) and I will
probably want to go the Datsun 5 speed route also.

Now, the 1098 would be the quickest fix to a running BE, but I could also
have Fisher build me a 1275 (anybody have a rebuilt for sale? cheap?)...OR,
Fisher has a 948 built for a Judson, and the Judson...but he hasn't priced it
to me
yet.

This will probably not be a show winner ever and I will continue the "hot
rod" restoration someone started years ago.

Oh...I also got a four door Morris Minor thrown in to go with the 2 door I
bought some time ago.  And yes, I know I have a TR4 sitting in my driveway that
needs restoring.  That's why my wife doesn't know about the BE or the Minors
yet.

Robert Houston

There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.