1098 for sale

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1098 for sale
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:59:28 EST
Winter is here and I need to make room to work on my Bugeye and rebuild and
modify a 1275 for future installation.

The 1098 in question was in the Bugeye and was apparently running when a
guardrail interfered with the forward direction of the car.  The story goes
that
the engine was rebuilt with only 15,000 miles on it, I have no idea if the
story is true.  Unfortunately someone took all of the plugs out and left it
sitting outside with the damaged bonnet not keeping all of the weather out.
All
cylinders had some water in them, but no water made it down into the sump.  The
cylinder walls are obviously rusted but I can turn the flywheel easily for a
half of a turn and with difficulty for the other half turn.  The engine seems
be free of any damage for freezing, antifreeze was still in the water lines.

The engine is intact with the carbs and ancillaries, but I will be taking the
starter and the distributor.

Price is $100 or best offer, and you need to pick it up, no shipping is
offered.  I am located in Southington, CT.  Contact me off list if interested.

Gary Bouffard