Re: 1275 conversion Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:57:40 -0600

To: Jerry.Goodman@comcast.net (Jerry Goodman)
Subject: Re: 1275 conversion Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:57:40 -0600
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:23:15 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Gerry...

There are no tricks to this that I am aware of.

Use the stronger thick wall (or "thick flange") 1275 block (one with the
plate
covering the original mech. fuel pump
hole) and fabricate a fitting so as to use
this hole as a crankcase vent takeoff to
relieve crankcase pressure unless you
are using a PCV equipped system.

Obviously, you will be making provision
for an electric fuel pump under the body
by the fuel tank where it is normally located on the later cars.

You should take this opportunity to recore
the rad (double core) to handle the extra
heat of the 1275 and go to the many bladed plastic fan if you are not
already
using one.

The xmission conversion kit will have all
the stuff and directions you need. No tricks here...very straightforward
depending upon which conversion kit you
have. The gearshift will have to be most
likely cut and welded and you may have
to cut the gearshift cover to make a little
more room for the shift pattern. An MGA
rubber gaitor will cover the larger hole.

I assume the Weber, whether DVG or
DCOE comes calibrated for the stock
engine, assuming that is what you are
using.

No "tricks" or "pitfalls" that I am otherwise
aware of.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)