Nice snowy drive in the MG from [138.89.173.92] at Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:44

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nice snowy drive in the MG from [138.89.173.92] at Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:44:23 -0600
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:44:22 -0500
Greetings from scenic and snowy NJ.  We have about 5 or 6 inches on the
ground and more expected tomorrow.  That is a lot for NJ in December.
Anyway this afternoon at about noon I realized the snow was getting
worse and I only had a couple of bottles of beer and wine.  So as a
self-respecting MG owner (or crazy idiot) I decide to drive about 8
miles to the only liquor store that sells Foster Bitters.  So I dropped
the top, loaded up the dog,  and took the MG.  It handled better in the
snow then I expected.  I got stuck in some traffic due to an accident
where some guy ran off the road.  Anyway the cop who stopped traffic
walked back two cars to where I was waiting and asked me what kind of
car and what was I thinking.  I told him, "It's an MG, and I need to get
to the liquor store."  He gave me a look and then said "Figures." and
walked away.  I got plenty of funny looks going down the highway and in
the store parking lot some kid wanted his dad to take out their
convertible.  Some other lady thought that I should have the top up if I
had my dog in the car.  Not sure why, he seemed to like the snow and if
he got cold he could hunker down into the footwell.  It was a nice drive
even if it took over an hour.  I learned my dog is not really fond of
doing doughnuts in the parking lot.  When I would spin he would lay down
flat.  Maybe he is not so dumb after all.  I got  a case of Bitter's
(the only one), 3 bottles of white, bottle of red and milk for the
coffee.  I am set for the weekend. :-D

What did you do today??????????

William M. Gilroy
77 Midget