RE: Synthetic oil

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Synthetic oil
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800
Larry wrote: "Personally, I like Mobil 1. I tried Castrol and Valvoline, but
neither of them would hold a decent oil pressure in the summer time. Mobil 1
does. No idea if it really lasts longer [snip]"

My Porsche came with Mobil 1 (0W40) new from factory - and the Porsche
recommended oil change interval is every 15,000 miles.  The engine takes
nearly 10 quarts though, so there is a lot of oil going around that engine.
I have had no problems even with over 100 F heat in the desert last summer.

Jacques Le Clainche in San Diego
http://www.leclainche.com/