1275 update

To: "Midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 update
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:17:33 -0500
Once again thanks to all for the great advice.  Without this list and its
collective wisdom , owning and maintaining a midget might be a very daunting
task.  One question.  There was talk of centering the needle.  On my carbs,
the needles are "spring loaded".  It was my understanding that this
application is self-centering.

Anyway, part of the problem was the linkage where the throttle cable
attaches.  I had to loosen the nuts and rotate the arms on the shaft.  This
reduced the RPMs quite a bit.  I also backed off the timing a "smidge" which
helped as well.  Between today's fiddling I got the idle to drop to roughly
1500 RPM.  (We're getting closer!!).  Tomorrow I'll tinker some more.  I got
to feeling a bit froggy and with my 4 year old son in the co-pilot seat, we
proceeded to take her out for a few slow laps around the neighborhood.
Never saw over 20 MPH but my son (and myself) were grinning from ear to ear.
I am starting to think that the previous 5 years of frustration with this
car were merely a way of the MG gods testing my patience and making sure
that I am truly worthy of ownership.  This had to be the most fun 1 to 2
miles
I have driven in years.  I guess its about time to go get a license plate!!!

Thanks again,
Tad
69 MGC GT
74 RWA Midget (on the road again)