Re: What makes a good snow car? 2003 08:41:05 -0600

To: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal)
Subject: Re: What makes a good snow car? 2003 08:41:05 -0600
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:56:22 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridget List)
Frozen hell???

Nah! Upstate New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica) is a frozen
hell to me. Where I am, we get basically
3 lousy months a year (unless you are
into skiing and snow sports, of course!:)
so I consider myself pretty fortunate.

In upper New York State, you got summer
and then you got Oct-Apr. for winter. I was based out of Utica for about
4 years
flying Metros and F-28's for Empire Airlines. The summers in NY State
are
beautiful but man, those winters!!! And
"lake effect" snow! Geesh! :(

I can recall walking out on the ramp at
o'darkthirty to preflight the ship, only to
have to come back in and explain every-
thing but the horizontal stab and upper
tail were pre-flighted, 'cause it was snowing so hard with so much wind
you
basically couldn't see the top of the tail
from the ground!

Had the de-icer team check it when their
lift got 'em up there!!

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)