RE: Finally sump good

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Finally sump good
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:47:53 -0800 (PST)
Ron,
Damn insurance companies!! I have a little toyota truck I bought new in 1994.
After serving my mother until she pased the truck went to college with my
oldest daughter for 4 years. It came home this summer with a little over 100k
on the odometer, just broke in for that engine. I dropped the Bugeye project in
November changing all the tires, brakes, shocks, hoses, belts, fluids, and
retorfitting power steering, prepping her for another 4 year stint at college
with the youngest. Yep, a little fender bender and the insurance company totals
the truck offering me slightly over Blue Book. The left fender, grille,bumper
and valence needs replaced. No frame damage. Being a '94, the book value of
course is fairly low. The insurance companies certainly won't pay me for nor
care about reliability and peace of mind.  One week before driving from the
SanFran bay area to southern Missouri, I'm looking at another used vechicle of
unknown condition or buying back my truck on a salvage title and
 making the repairs out of my insurance proceeds. DAMN INSURANCE COMPANIES!

Larry Pitts
60 Bug