Name that fastener . . .

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Name that fastener . . .
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:29:21 -0500
Greetings to all:

In a purchase of all things Spridget, I acquired a 3 lb coffee can of
Spridget fasteners. I sorted them out and can recognize most of the
fasteners and little bits. One, however, puzzles me. It may be that the
fastener is something used on newer Spridgets while I am only familiar with
Sprite MKIII's.

To describe this fastener, think of a lawn mower axle bolt. This item is
1-3/4" overall in length. The head is 3/4" in diameter, 1/4" thick and
round. The top of the fastener has a 1/4" hex hole so you tighten this guy
with an allen wrench. Below the head is a smooth shank 1/2" in diameter and
7/8" long. Finally the rest is threaded - 3/8" course. The coffee can
contained 16 of these things. I think they each have an accompanying washer
that is about 3/16" thick and slides over the 1/2" shank. They are cad
plated and fairly clean so I think they may be an interior part or at least
they weren't exposed to grease and oil nor to elements causing rust.

On the other hand they could have nothing to do with Spridgets. If that's
the case - 10 year penalty for putting stray fasteners in the Spridget can!

Is this a Spridget part or not?

(I can name that fastener in _____________.)

Tim