Help Needed to Find Turners & Turner Information

To: "vintage-race-digest" <owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net>, "spridgets-digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <MGVR@yahoogroups.com>, "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <alfaromeo750-101@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Help Needed to Find Turners & Turner Information
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:17:55 -0500
Please bear with me.  We are trying to get the following requests out to as
wide a European car web as is possible. So, while the members of this digest
are focused on other marques, perhaps you, or someone you know can help us
find the needed info.

Russ Filby, Registrar (keeper of the Turner information) is seeking
information on unknown cars, people & dealers.

Here are Russ's requests:

"Do you own a Turner?
Is your car's Chassis Number known to the Turner Register? Of the original
number of around 673 cars built, the whereabouts of 294 are today known,
indicating an aproximate 44% survival rate, an incredible 25 missing or lost
Turners have been traced and identified in the past three years, Many thanks
to information provided thru this fantastic
website.(www.turnersportscars.com)

I would dearly like to hear from any owner worldwide to help keep the register
as up to date and as
accurate as possible.

Russ Filby FSCC Turner registrar."

"The Following UK Turner Cars are Some of the 'Missing In Action', Any
Information on these listed by Reg Number appriciated.
(Reg #) 333 KPP, (Model -) MKI Alexander,
XRY 349 MKI,
39 CBC MKII,
PFU 1 803,
VTU 62 803 Demo,
SAA 1 803,
SUF 1 803 (Betty Haig Racecar),
YMA 767 803,
VPX 200 803,
907 ATU 803,
PBC 300 803 (BobGerrard),
2211 BP 950,
WLL 853 950, The Autosport Trophy Cars- NFV 205  950 and (Baldham) WOF4
(Gilbert) 950S ,
YXH 830 (Scrimgeour)MKI ,
868 FNN (Joseph) MK1 ,
842 KWP MKII, Team
Turners 36 WRA,
777 EWT,
WCH 420 MKII Climax,
YJU 726 MKII ,
JBF 913 MKII,
TC-2 MKI,
T-M-T 7 and 444 RAR MKIII (Mackenzie and Scrimgeour)
776 NPF MKI ,
2 CGJ MKI ,
AT 950 MKII
Any Info appriciated."

"The original Turner Sports Cars factory records prior to Car Number 60/361
were destroyed in a factory burglary in early 1960.
Therefore I am trying to assemble as much information on these early cars
(803, 950S , MKI) as possible including Original Engine Numbers (As found on
the manufactures plate) and where or to whom the car was supplied. any
information appriciated. "

"I would like to hear from any former employee's of Turner Sports Cars ,
Alexander Engineering, and associates worldwide , Tri City Sports Cars, A J
Pierson Sales and Service in Florida, Fergus (or Ferguson) Automotive of New
York and LA , Stirling Automotive LA , EuroAuto Inc LA ,

Please feel free to contact me as I am researching the worldwide distribution
and History on Turner cars. "

Any assistance you can give to help Russ find more cars or people will be
gratefully appreciated.  To learn more about these little cars, go to the web
site & explore.

Thanks again.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner Mk1