new Mini performance

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: new Mini performance
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:47:57 -0800
As the evening approached it became "my turn" and I took it out on a favorite
route I drive often in the bugeye.  Though I still am not totally comfortable
with the handling limits of the car,     WOW!

This little bugger is fun!  It corners almost as quick as the bugeye and is a
blast to drive.  Too much sound insulation for you to enjoy the motor sound
unless the stereo is off.  Quick acceleration, (still breaking it in so no
major reving) and excellent handling.  I think the bugeye would clean its
clock on this particular course just because of the weight difference and the
sharpness of the numerous corners, but not by much.
The suspension is very firm for a modern car and very positive steering.
Confident, flat cornering that does the heritage proud.  Not too loud with the
sunroof open, the stereo compensates automatically.  Cool.

We're both grinning ear to ear and pretty sure at the moment that we made the
right choice.

Glen and Lesley(take your time on the Morris) Byrns