Re: Leaky jets??

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky jets??
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:14:37 -0000
Mike,

SUs?  Right?  Have I got the type of carb right this time?

I would suspect that the needle valve in the float chamber is not closing
off properly.  Fuel level will be a little high, but whilst the engine is
running this is being pulled through the jet and into the engine, so no
apparent leaks.  Probably running rich though.
Only when you shut down does fuel overflow the jet and drip off the bottom
of the carb.

Try cleaning the float needle valves, or replace with new.
Also check that the floats are both ok.

Guy