Weather-Resistant Wire

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weather-Resistant Wire
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:20:34 -0600
It's like this, I am installing a Sigma Sport bicycle speedometer on my
Midget. Unfortunately, the wire that comes on it is not nearly long enough
to reach from the rear brake drum into the cockpit. I guess the Midget is
larger than a bicycle...
At any rate, I don't want to have to do this too often, so I would like to
use some wire that will withstand the rigors of being on the rear axle for a
goodly number of years. I intend to follow the brake hose from the diff to
the body and then put a grommet through into the cockpit and have a
connector just inside so that I can pull the rear axle at a later date
should it be necessary. I keep coming up with a blank on a source of wire. I
only need two conductors and the wire is quite fine, around 28 gauge or so.
I figured that TV Cable would be rugged enough, but the shield wire is some
metal that refuses to take solder. Any ideas?
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with