Re: was Quality OEM--now ROAD TRIP SPARES?

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: was Quality OEM--now ROAD TRIP SPARES?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:42:57 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill L wrote:

>        the question... you mentioned a "road trip spares bag" if
>        you're going 3+ hours from home...
>
>        WHAT'S IN THE BAG?

1 spare dizzy ready to pop in complete with wires.
4 (sometimes 8) spark plugs
SU float needles because PIECES runs SUs
pair of new radiator hoses
1 set of front wheel bearings
1 rear axle bearing
points, cond, rotor in addition to the spare dizzy.
Misc wire ties, a couple lug nuts, some nuts and bolts, fuses.
A length of 1/2" heater hose, some wire.
1 good used working elec fuel pump.
extra accell cable.
I have a spare axle bolted inside the front wheel well on each Sprite
because I snapped one away from home once (cheap insurance)

I also have a basic small tool kit and that has some extra nuts bolts,
wire, fuses, and misc stuff that just accumulated over the years.
Each car has it's own tool kit and each kit has 4 spark plugs in it.
So sometimes I probably have 12 extra plugs with me and somebody always
needs a set at the meet.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ