Re: Engine-Trans Combos

To: Dean Swanson <d.swanson@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Engine-Trans Combos
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:58:35 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dean Swanson wrote:

> Has anyone compiled a list of what A-series engines, with what
> backplate, and what flywheel will bolt to what transmission without any
> machining?

I am not 100% positive on this but if it has a rolled back plate,
Use a smoothcase. If it has the casr flat backplate, use a ribcase.

I just found out something else speaking of engines and trannys.
Tonight I dropped the engine into the yellow Sprite. I had stuck the
trans in the other night. Tonight my son and some of his buddys came by
to pick up that Subaru engine so I recruited them to hump the 948 into
the car.
Some DPO has the bottom bellhousing bolts stuck thru from the engine
side and they do not come out because they hit the oil pan.
Well this really messes up trying to align an engine/gearbox!
It's not yet fully in and I think I will cut off the bolts before I mess
with it anymore.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ