NAPA heater valve

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: NAPA heater valve
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:57:12 -0800
If anyone else encounters the need for a 1/2", inline, cable operated heater
valve, here is the number of one you can get from NAPA for about $28.

"Four Seasons #74627"

Gerard put me onto this and it is the perfect solution for the Morris Minor
heater.  Now all you guys who argued on and on about whether closing the
heater tap on the head was good or bad can install one of these and switch
back and forth from the cockpit and stare at your temp gauge to see what
difference it makes.

In my case, it keeps the hot water out of the cockpit mounted mini heater in
the Morris during the summer months.  Even with no air flow, the presence of
that hot water filled box in the cab can be felt.  Not so much of an issue on
a spridget where the box of hot water is under the bonnet.

The winter mods on the boss's Traveller are almost done.  Test fired the motor
last night, tested the wiring harness, started the interior installation and
will soon have a nice set of Peter C. shocks to complete the front end
rebuild.  My turn in the new Mini is coming soon!!!!!  Really looking forward
to the mufflerless drive across town to the shop to mate the exhaust system to
the new manifold.  Should be the baddest a** sounding woody in the state.

Glen