RE:Pick-N_Pull

To: "'Glen Byrns'" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE:Pick-N_Pull
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:45:33 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Glen, They are guys from MiniMania that are pulling them all at
Pick-N-Pull, a couple of years ago when I was hitting all the P-N-P's I
ran into them in Oakland.  They sure were mad because I had 6 in my
truck to their 2!  The best yard in Sac was the south one, but my
favorite one was Rocklin, not only were the Datsun's up front I almost
always got at least 2 there (now that the secret is out I guess I don't
need to go there again).  The best one I ever got was in Fairfield, the
car had 30,000 miles and had been smashed in the front and rear in a
crash.  Don't even try the Sparks or Carson City ones as I visit at
least once a week and the only 210's with trannys will be automatics or
4-speeds.  Now if your looking for a 5-speed go once a week to one of
the yards as they change cars all the time, mark the rows you have
checked and you will get one. You just need to decide if time or money
is more important to you.  Should you go the MiniMania route you need to
read their Ad and rebuild the tranny as most at P-N-P will have between
150k and 250k miles on them.  I forget what they are asking for them,
but add the price of the rebuild or even just the kit, and I would
either buy the tranny rebuilt from Paul or Rivergate.  Otherwise
remember it is not just a 5-speed it is an adventure.
                Crash

I was just at the Pick-and-Pull two days ago and there were three 210's
sitting there.  All trannies stripped.  It seems that someone is picking
them off very quickly and passing them on to MiniMania to include with
their
conversion kits. (I think theirs is the Rivergate kit).

Glen