RE: LBC but not spridget-Super 7

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LBC but not spridget-Super 7
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:01:27 -0500
Don't forget there is also a book titled "Build Your Own Sports Car For
As Little As #250" by Ron Champion ISBN 1 85960 636 9
I got a copy for Christmas this year. It details building a "Locost"
home built Seven style kit car. The book includes all dimensions for the
frame members, brackets, suspension components, and alum body panels.
You still have to buy the nose cone and fenders in fiberglass from one
of the standard kit manufacturers. The bare space frame weighs about 35
lbs. The donor car is a British Ford Escort, but if you search the web
for "locost" you will find people have used many other donor cars. It is
an interesting idea but I don't think I would trust my own welding.
Dean Swanson
'62 A.H. Sprite