Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC..now Airplane Engine Sounds

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC..now Airplane Engine Sounds
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:05:00 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
castor oil as well as castrol "R" was bean based oil.   as in water based
oil.  castor oil does not stay mixed well with fuel if stored.  it falls out
and congeals.  if used in a 2 stroke motor it can be somewhat fatal.  why?
because it is a water based it tends to promote rust.  it does work !  i use
a bit in the mix for the race car.  this also explains the gooey mess in
sports car engines of days gone by.  up untill about 10 years ago castrol
"R" was exported to america, but no longer.   and after much digging i found
out although the name stayed the formulation is now synthetic.     for the
race 2 stroke i use some medicinal grade castor oil in the fuel mix for the
"right smell", but rely upon synthetic racing oil for the main lubrication.

chuck.