Re: Adjustable Armstrong Shocks on Ebay

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Adjustable Armstrong Shocks on Ebay
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:15:00 -0800 (PST)
PPP,

My trusty copy of "Tuning BMC Sports Cars" by Mike
Garton (1970) says as follows:
"Adjustable shock aborbers were available for quarter
eliptic models after HAN5-4333. C-AHA 6453/6454.  At
this point the mountings changed.  These
shock-absorbers are no longer available but later
7906/7 type can be used by changing the links (4 3/4"
on early models) and using a 5/32" spacer between
shocker and chassis)" I read this to mean you need to
change the links and add a spacer if you use the
semi-elliptic shocks on a 1/4 elliptic car (after
c#4333)  That's what I did with my car in 1986 and
haven't had any problems since.  Whaddya think?

Rick
I think I hear the icebreaker coming up the driveway
now.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/