List notes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: List notes
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:06:31 -0700
This might be a good time to remind folks about spridgets-mod.  It is
a filtered version of the spridgets list.

Good points
===========

Off topic blatherings at a minimum, focus on spridgets.

Lots of useless quoting in replies edited out from messages sent by folks
who don't have the grade school composition skills to edit their replies.

Repetition of addresses in the 'To:' line filtered out, so you don't get a
copy from the list and another exact copy from the twit who can't run their
mailer.

Bad points
==========

It can take me days, or a week or two, to get around to going through and
forwarding messages that I deem appropriate.  You could miss all the wit
and wisdom of [insert your favorite filter target here]

One would still send new messages and message replies to
spridgets@autox.team.net

If you want to give the moderated list a try, send a message to
majordomo@autox.team.net with the following lines (preferably in plain
text, but if you use AOL which practically DEMANDS your messages be 10
times bigger and slower than they need to be, don't worry too much,
the program does try to compensate)

unsubscribe spridgets
subscribe spridgets-mod
end

You don't *have* to unsubscribe from the regular list, or the digest if that
is your current selection, but if you keep your regular list subscription
don't complain to me about seeing duplicates of some messages, but not all,
hours or days or weeks after you saw them on the real time, blathering dimwit
list that once in while discusses Spridget issues.

mjb.