Re: stories about Bugeyes

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stories about Bugeyes
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:23:56 -0800 (PST)
--- Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote:
> around town in it.  He refused, but shook my hand
> and thanked me for giving him a little trip back to
> his youth and for restoring the Bugeye.

Even my Midget. Last year in Florida I was doing a
brake job on the car at 6 am (isn't that what everyone
does on the 1st day of a 2 week summer vacation?), and
this nice old lady who was doing her daily walk peeked
in the garage at my Mom's condo where the car lives,
didn't say anything.  A few days later she stopped in
again, and told me about how in the late 40s and early
50s she'd gone to school at UCLA, and she and her
boyfriend would tear up Sunset boulevard in his MG TC
at 3 am.  She later dated George Barris of hot rod /
Batmobile fame, and had an MGA and an XK120M (she
definitely wasn't BSing, as how many old ladies would
say "M" and not just XK120?).  I gave her a ride, and
she was crying tears of joy, telling me she felt 18
again.  This year she'll get to drive it.

=====
Ron Soave

"But you don't really know me."
- Bruce Springsteen, after a fan screamed "We Love You, Bruce!"

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html