Re: one-wire mini alternators

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: one-wire mini alternators
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:18:47 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff Boatright wrote:

> Any thoughts on the usefulness of these one-wire mini alternators in a
> spridget? Some of them weigh in at only 5 lbs.

Jeff

2 of them are basic Jap alternators. I have a few of the last (link)
ones. I believe they are off Hyundais.
That 2nd one is an early version which is sort of large.
And they all look bigger than the Subaru/Ford Festiva alternator I am
running.  http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/alt.jpg
Mine uses 2 wires, 1 to light up the ignition lamp on the dash.
You can turn your existing volt regulator into a junction box or
eliminate it all together.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ