learning curve

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: learning curve
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:44:38 -0800 FILETIME=[600BF740:01C3F051]
Trying to resurrect a '60 bugeye I just acquired. PO stated last run run in
'84. I'm just trying to get it to run well enough to get it to the paint
shop. PO before last PO put in a 1098. Turns over fine. BUT...#1 & 2
cylinders are each giving me compression readings of 180 lbs and 3 & 4 210
Lbs. All hold the pressure very well. So? What's up with this? Will this
thing run at least reasonably well with that much compression variance? What
range should the pressure be? I consulted have half a dozen repair manuals
and didn't find a clue? Any one further up the learning curve care to
venture an opinion?

Find great local high-speed Internet access value at the MSN High-Speed